Onboard Delay Emergency Plan of Spring Airlines
In order to effectively manage flight delays, improve our onboard delay management, maintain onboard carriage order, prevent incidents such as illegal interference on the plane and protect passengers’ legitimate rights and interests, the plan hereof is developed per the requirements of the Provisions on Flight Regularity Management (Decree No. 56, 2016) issued by the Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China as well as the provisions of Spring Airlines’ general terms on carriage by air.
Onboard delay refers to circumstances where passengers stay in the aircraft for longer than the taxing time specified by the airport from closing of the cabin door to the take-off of the plane, or from landing of the plane to the open of cabin door.
II. Information Notification
(I) Upon onboard delay, Spring Airlines shall inform the passengers every 30 minutes of flight information such as the reason and estimated time for the delay and so forth.
(II) Spring Airlines shall provide “Certificate of Flight Delay” for passengers per their request.
III. Food & Beverage Service Time
(I) During onboard delay, Spring Airlines shall make sure that the toilet set is working properly without interfering with aviation safety.
During onboard delay, Spring Airlines shall, when serving passengers, give priority to those who need special treatment, such as the disabled, seniors, pregnant women, unaccompanied minors and so on.
(II) According to the Official Reply to Differentiated Passenger Service of Spring Airlines Co., Ltd., a Letter of Politics and Law from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (Letter No. 565, 2005), Spring Airlines offers differentiated and personalized passenger services, and passengers may choose different food and beverage services on the flight according to their demands. Given the company’s operational features and space limitation on the plane, Spring Airlines is unable to provide free and undifferentiated food and beverage services on the plane for now.
IV. Conditions & Restrictions for Deboarding
(I) Conditions for Deboarding
Under the circumstance that the onboard delay lasts for more than three hours (including 3 hours) and there's no clear departure time, Spring Airlines may properly arrange the passengers to deboard the plane and wait somewhere else without violating any aviation safety or security rule.
(II) Restrictions for Deboarding
1. When there are not enough supporting resources on the ground.
2. Per special requests of other airports, immigration control, customs and so forth.
3. During major support tasks and the area of activity in the airport is under restriction.
4. In the event of major safety, security incidents and the waiting area in the airport is under restriction.
V. The plan hereof shall take effect on January 1st, 2017.
Onboard Delay Emergency Plan of Spring Airlines Japan
Spring Airlines Japan (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) will provide the following handling for flight Delay or Cancellation due to reasons caused by the Company.
Delay / Cancellation in this guideline means delay or cancellation due to the reasons caused by Company.
2. Handling for Flight delay and Cancellation
(1) According to the operating conditions, when the flight delay or cancellation is confirmed, Company shall provide appropriate announcement of flight delay or cancellation information to the passengers by broadcast or posting notice in time.
(2) In case of flight delay or cancellation, Company shall provide no service charge for refund (application is required within 30 days) or reservation change (limited to the same section within 7 days).
3. Handling for onboard delay
(1) Appropriate announcement concerning causes and prospects of delay.
(2) Company shall provide “Certificate of Flight Delay” at landing airport for passengers in need.
(3) During onboard delay, company shall give priority to the passengers who need special assistance.
(4) If onboard delay of more than 2 hours which caused by Company, without violating security rules, Company shall arrange to deboard the passengers back to the airport facilities and provide drinking water, meals.
Conditions & Restrictions for deboarding
1) Conditions for deboarding
If on board delay lasts for more than 2 hours and there’s no clear departure time, without violating security rules, Company may properly arrange the passengers to deboard the plane and wait at airport facilities.
2) Restriction for deboarding
· When there are not enough supporting resources for deboarding.
· No permit of deboarding from Airport, Custom or relevant departments
· The activity area of the airport is under restriction.
· When emergency occurs at the airport
· Safety cannot be guaranteed
4. Handling for long on board flight delays & the delay caused by aircraft reason.
(1) Provide drinking water if a delay of more than 2 hours from the departure time due to the reason of the Company.
(2) Provide meals if a delay of more than 3 hours from the departure time due to the reason of the Company, and the new schedule estimated departure time corresponds at the meal provision time (lunch: 1100-1300, dinner: 1700-1900).
(3)If a delay of more than 4 hours from the departure time due to the reason of the Company, and the new scheduled departure time is not clear, Company shall arrange for resting facilities. Not including flight cancellation or operating temporary flights.
5. Beside above mentioned items, the responsible person shall decide appropriate and responds the arrangement.
6. This guideline shall be effective from January 1, 2017 (effective). In addition, contents are subject to change without notice.
Spring Airlines Japan
01 January 2017